port douglasPicturesque Port Douglas is situated in Far North Queensland and is where the Rainforest meets the Reef. Just a forty five minute drive north of Cairns International Airport, along the most spectacular coastal road you arrive to a jewel which was once one of Australia's best kept secrets.
The relaxed seaside village ambience blends superbly with the vibrant atmosphere of tropical style and sophistication. With its natural beauty and excellent year round climates Port Douglas captures visitors by the heart and has become a favourite international destination.
Nestled at the end of a peninsula, the tranquil waters of a natural harbour on one side of the village embrace a lively marina. Along the other side of the peninsula stretches the breathtaking sandy sweep of beautiful Four Mile Beach.
Port Douglas is the closest gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, within one hour of spectacular dive sites, a natural wonder abundant with incredible biodiversity.
Venture further north of Port Douglas and discover true nature. An hour and a half drive will bring you to Cape Tribulation will take you through Mossman Gorge and the Daintree Rainforest National Heritage Park on the way. You can visit some of the local crocodiles at Hartley's Crocodile Farm or have a fun day out at Wild World, both a short drive south towards Cairns.
Like its spectacular surroundings, Port Douglas has so much to offer. Soak up the sunshine on the beach, stroll among the village shops, galleries, historic buildings and the seaside Sunday market. Play a round of golf, enjoy breakfast with the birds at the Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary, relax over sundowner drinks at a boardwalk cafe, or dine on a delicious dinner at one of the many fine restaurants.
- Population: 1,600 resident population in Port Douglas Township
- Environment: 80% World Heritage Listed (Daintree National Park, Great Barrier Reef)
- Travel And Transport
- Roads in the Port Douglas/Daintree/Cape Tribulation area are accessible by conventional vehicle.
- From Cairns Airport - Limousine, Coach, Car Hire, Transfer Bus
- To Daintree/Cape Tribulation - Car Hire, Bus, Tour Options
- Around Port Douglas - Walk, Bicycle Hire, Local Shuttle Service, Local Taxi, Limousine
- Cairns Airport to Port Douglas: 68km - Approx. 1 hour drive
- Cairns to Brisbane (State Capital): 1,700km
- Port Douglas to Daintree Village: 50km - Approx. 1 hour drive
- Port Douglas to Daintree Ferry Crossing: 55km - Approx. 1 hour drive
- Port Douglas to Cape Tribulation: 82km - Approx. 1.5 hour drive
The Great Barrier Reef
- A visit to the Reef and Rainforest Coast is your opportunity to experience one of the seven natural wonders of the world, the amazing Great Barrier Reef.
- This underwater botanical garden is one of the most diverse ecosystems on earth and a living home to thousands of marine plants and animal species stretching more than two thousand kilometers along the Queensland Coast to form the world's largest reef system.
- The waters of the Great Barrier Reef provide the world's busiest and most varied marine habitats. Marine life is in abundance, from the many species of coral to the sought after Dwarf Minke Whale and all sizes and species of fish in between.
- The varied colours of the reef's fish and other marine life will astound the visitor with colour combinations that artists haven't even dreamed of. It is the largest of the world's 552 World Heritage Areas.
- 2800 species of fish
- 400 different types of corals
- 4000 species of molluscs
- 500 species of seaweed
- 215 species of birds
- 15 species of sea snakes
- 6 species of sea turtles
- The Great Barrier Reef is the only living thing on earth that can be seen from outer space
- There are approximately 3400 individual reefs that make up the Barrier Reef covering an area of 347,000 kilometres.
- The reef stretches for more than 2300 kilometres.
- 600 continental islands and 350 coral cays are spread throughout the reef.
- The Great Barrier Reef was declared World Heritage on 26th October 1981.
Tel +61 7 4015 2915 (Office)
Mobile 0422 016 517
FB Visit us on Facebook
Click for a full list of contact numbers
Located at Craiglie, Port Douglas
Departing Reef Marina
PO Box 81, Port Douglas